HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am having heating issues with what I believe is my

Customer Question
Hi Pearl... my name...

Hi Pearl... my name is ***** ***** I am having heating issues with what I believe is my thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filters are good

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The settings? I believe theyre fine.... the heat has been working normally.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im not sure I know how to trouble shoot the issues? I would like to check before I call a technition

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What is the brand and model of your unit?

ARI
Model - EC1P49CG-1

That's an AC coil model not a furnace model. Furnace model number is ***** the BTU rating tag inside the burner compartment

AMA -
Model - G1n80bt100d20c - 3a
Serial - 1609f10092
Sorry about the AC unit numbers...

What are you getting for a flash code on the furnace control board LED?

Could you possibly be referring to my digital LED Vivint wall thermostat?

No the LED on the furnace control board. It's usually in the blower compartment. Should be a viewing port to see it without removing the blower compartment access panel.

Cannot identify any LED on the furnace

I can't help you diagnose the problem if you can't locate the control board. Virtually all the wires on the unit connect to it.

I undertand. There is no LED

Manual for model you supplied indicates otherwise. It's possible the LED is not lit which would indicate no power to the control board.

Ok, but I hear it running?

At this point I'd suggest you call a pro.

I see the LED between the blue & white and purple and white wires. Right where it's supposed to be

When you remove the blower access panel you kill the power to the unit. There's a plunger type switch in one corner of the opening. Push it in and tell me what the LED does

How am I suppised to see a flash code with no indicator to identify.... orher than the wires??
4 red flashes

Ok 4 flashes is an open limit circuit. Do have a multi meter?

Multi meter wire tester? I can probably go get one later?

You need to test continuity. If you don't know how to use the meter I can't be sure of the info you provide. You can try jumping out the limit. Show me a pic of the the unit above the burners (including the burners) and I'll point the limit out to you.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer