HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Is parts available for a Airtemp furnace model 42123C1421,

Customer Question
Is parts available for...

Is parts available for a Airtemp furnace model 42123C1421, serial number AP 111011

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Looking for burner parts for Airtemp model 42123C1421, serial number AP 111011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can but will have my local hacv guy do it. Are parts available?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace doesn’t light properly

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Wow this is an old one.Probably going to be difficult to locate parts as Airtemp stopped using this serial number format in 1976. That means furnace is either either a 1951,1961 or 1971 model. Let me see if I can find anything.

Unfortunately everything I am finding shows obsolete or no longer available.The problem is that after 40 years, the manufactures are usually no longer in business or have none of the production dyes used in manufacture of those parts.The life expectancy of these furnaces was 15 to 20 years and definitely not efficient.

If you did find replacement parts, cost would outweigh benefits of repairs.Your best bet is to replace furnace.You will ave enough within a few years to cover the replacement cost of furnace due to the efficiency of new furnaces.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but I can only provide accurate information.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician