HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Red light is flashing two times which means that pressure…

Customer Question
Red light is flashing...

Red light is flashing two times which means that pressure switch is open. How do I fix that?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it's not too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a pressure switch code, meaning the pressure switch is not closing when the exhaust fan is coming on. So you need to check and make sure the exhaust fan comes on first. If it does come on and nothing is plugged in the exhaust or intake vent then check the pressure tube for blockages. That is the rubber tube that connects the pressure switch to the blower housing. If that tube is blocked or cracked that code will come up. Lastly check the port where the tube connects to the exhaust blower housing make sure that port is not blocked with crud. Normally it is one of these issues causing that code on the furnace. If you need more help let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,