HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our closet installed gas fired heating furnace Model Rheem…

Customer Question
Our closet installed gas...

Our closet installed gas fired heating furnace Model Rheem Criterion II does not turn on after setting the thermostat. I hear no clicks to indicate the the ignitor has turned on the furnace.What could be reasons for this. The system is around 15 years old. Do you have a technician who could take a look at this in Sunnyvale California. Arun Kamat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters were replace a few months ago. The setting was at 67 degrees, which I raised to &%. The thermostat says heat on, but the furnace does not fire.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Any service technician you could recommend.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, do you hear the small inducer fan come on... first that comes on, then you should hear the clicks, Let me know,

If the inducer fan does not come on then its likely a bad printed circuit board, but tests will be required to be sure.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.