HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a honeywell modelHZ787 its about a year old it

Customer Question
I have a honeywell...

I have a honeywell modelHZ787 its about a year old it stopped working with no warning does this model need oil or what am i doing wrong

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i cant afford anyone right now on a fixed income & just had ankle surgery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, these type of heaters do not run out of oil, unless they have a leak ... in that case there will be good sized spot of oil under it.

.

These things tend to have fairly short life spans, if its over 5 years old its not worth the high cost of repair, you can buy a new heater, with the same BTU rating, ceramic type is best, ***** ***** $60 if you shop around.

Good luck with the ankle

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.