HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a nightmare renovation. A contractor removed a wall…

Customer Question
I have a nightmare renovation...
I have a nightmare renovation. A contractor removed a wall that was between a bedroom and bathroom to enlarge the bathroom. The heat duct was in the wall. My house is over 100 years old. The walls are being drywalled tomorrow and I asked the contractor where he put the new heating/air conditioning air duct because it was very cold in the bedroom. He replyed that he forgot and cannot put it back because there is plumbing and a shower where the heat duct was. I now have a renovated bedroom in my home which is unusable. I asked people what I could do but their answer was that I would have to tear down my newly renovated kitchen and build a bulkhead in the center of the kitchen ceiling which I cannot do. I was hoping there was a way I could somehow latch onto the single floor vent in the bathroom and go over the surface of the bathroom floor 4 1/2" to the bedroom wall. I can't go under the floor because of plumbing. Can you help me?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

At this point it sounds like our best option is electric heat. You can't cut into another branch duct. If you do that nether room will be warm enough

I can't use an electric space heater. I have young children and too expensive. Can you send this out for someone else?

Not a space heater! A hard wired electric fan assisted unit. Electric baseboard is another alternative. Both are perfectly safe and in use in thousands of homes with kids.

What about my central air conditioning. I don't have space for window unit.

You can install a mini split. Condensing unit outdoors and a small wall mounted evap unit mounted on a wall or the ceiling.