HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have four blinking lights and then 1 blink red light.

Customer Question
Hi we have four...

Hi we have four blinking lights and then 1 blink red light. System is blowing cold air

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Doubled checked both.. good

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes... if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Less than month ago had professional replace control board

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model and if you go to the unit remove the panels on it and check the back side of the panel for the error code list to match up the flashing error to the list and let me know what you find!

It is a Luxaire model # FG8C10016MU11A. Error code on panel says Limit Switch... but not sure how to Check to ensure this is working properly.

This is likely a thermal rollout issue. There are high limit safety thermostats that are around the burner housing area that can trip open if they fail or the unit is overheating. Some of these have reset buttons on them that you can manually press down to reset while others do not. The ones that do not either are one time limits or are limits that are suppose to manually reset when cooled down. Now that does not always happen when they go bad so you will have to check them for continuity with an ohm meter across the two leads going to them. If you do not pwn a ohm meter you can physically bypass each rollout to make sure it is good by connecting the two wires to each rollout sensor together to see if the unit will then operate. Now once you have found the bad one you can change it out or reset it and then you should check your furnace filter for blockages and make sure you main furnace blower is running to speed. These two things can cause a unit to overheat and trip one of these rollout sensors. Mosts units have 3 of these devices and here is a link to what they can look like on your unit.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,