HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I'm trying to install a 7560e programmable thermostat to…

Customer Question
I'm trying to install...

I'm trying to install a 7560e programmable thermostat to replace an old (mercury) unit. I wired up everything based on current configuration, but the heat (electric) won'the come on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

????. A/C works fine, fan works fine. Won'the heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Need help with wiring.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Scott, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Scott
Scott, HVAC Technician
This is Scott what brand is your new thermostat.
Honeywell
Is your unit a heat pump or strait electric.
Electric
Is the white wire on the w terminal or is it on the aux /E terminal
Do you have a picture of it now on the new thermostat
I see the white wire is going to a terminal on the new stat but don't se a marking on it.
Did you change the thermostat to correct a problem or just to upgrade.
It is the O/B terminal.
Upgrade.
A/C and fan all working great. The fan kicks on in the heat mode at the correct temp. But no heat.
the old looks like it's for a heat pump. Have you set the installer programming for heat pump.
When I do that nothing works.
I would say then that you should contact Honeywell with the old thermostat model number and subbase number so they can tell you the compatible replacement.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer