HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an eccotemp fvi-12-lp,just this weekend i noticed i…

Customer Question
Hello i have an...

Hello i have an eccotemp fvi-12-lp,just this weekend i noticed i have to turn the temp. control all the way up to get igniters to fire up which makes the temp way to high to use (148 degrees) when i start to turn down the temp. control the burner shuts down?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Its was fine for the first 5 months,this problem just started about 3 weeks ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im in a cold climate but water going into unit is about 55 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I cleaned the filters but didnt adjust the thermostat

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
hello,should i be waiting for a response? or am i missing something??? its been over an hour,i thought someone would be responding to my question
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, regrettably eccotemps web site has not worked since last year, its not possible to pull the manual needed to coach you on a repair.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside service access door, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

i dont believe its wiring,the burners cut off when i lower the temp. control even 1/16 of an inch. i have to have the temp. control which in all actuality is more of a flow(water) rate control maxed to get the burners on,then as soon as i back it off the burners cut down,i,ve tried raising and lowering the lp flow coming in to lower the temp(which use to work) but its not helping.i think i,ve found my answer...... buy a better unit not made by eccotemp! i should have read the reviews....seems as though temp control is a huge problem with them,thanks,rick

The wiring diagram enables me to see how the system is controlled so that I can prescribe tests.... the problem is most likely NOT in the wiring, but its in one of the components that we will be testing.

Maybe they were using north korean parts to cut costs...

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer