HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat has a lighted snowflake today and it says

Customer Question
My thermostat has a...

My thermostat has a lighted snowflake today and it says error

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I am not sure - it is warm in the house, the unit seems to be working, I am wondering if I should call a repair person

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you know what the lighted snowflake if about and is there a list of error messages somewhere

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic

Good morning I am Kevin, one of the tech's here on JA. Can I ask what the model number of your thermostat is?

Don’t know the model number

Can you take a picture of it and post it here?