HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace burners turn off after running for a while, i…

Customer Question
My furnace burners turn...

My furnace burners turn off after running for a while, i usually notice when i wake up. if i turn the power off and on again, they work. if i have a bad ignitor, will it work after i reset the power, or should i be looking elsewhere?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

The furnace has a new filter in it, but was run for about a year with no filter until about a month ago, the furnace did the same thing with and without the filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, im thinking dirty heat exchanger, just would like an opinion before getting in there

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here . What is make of furnace. Russ

Guardian

Next time this happens look thru small hole in blower housing and you will see an LED light. Count the flashes and let me know. That is error code and it will give us an area to check. Russ

I have the cover off, I don’t see where there would be a place for a light or a hole to look thru for it.

Sorry about being late over whelmed with no heat calls tonight. RussCan you send me model number.

Good job. May be as simple as cleaning a flame sensor. Russ

overnight the furnace would run, and the burners would be on for about 20 minutes. The. The burners turn off, fan still runs for a long time, then shuts its self off and turns back on and works in that cycle again. No flashing led light

What is the model thermostat you are using. Russ