HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Red light is on, on the bottom of the unit. Something is…

Customer Question
Red light is on...

Red light is on, on the bottom of the unit. Something is kicking on but no blower to be had. The gas is on. I open the unit and I don't see any flame. The unit is 6 months old.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Yes I reset the theemostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Gonna try to where is the filter at

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is no one availbe until Monday cause of a snow and ice storm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello I need the brand and full model number of the furnace, its on a tag inside the same compartment as the gas valve in most cases.

.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed ,

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.