HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Emson Ultrasonic R2D2 personal humidifier. The fan…

Customer Question
I have an Emson...

I have an Emson Ultrasonic R2D2 personal humidifier. The fan stopped working, but when I removed it and tested it by itself it worked just fine. I noticed that on the main PCB - labeled R2D2-650 E141872 there was fried component. It appears to be a wire wound resistor located between the fan plug and the potentiometer. I removed it from the board, and measured it at 37k ohms, but I'm not sure if that is the right value. Can you tell me what I should replace this part with?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 weeks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure. If I haven't given you enough info to identify the bad part, then you'll have to ask me specific questions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
By the way, this part is labeled R1 on the PCB.
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

This is not an answer to your question, just a note.

The manufacturer does not provide the internal printed circuit board specs, they expect you to buy a new board... they will make as much selling you a new board as they did selling you the unit in the first place. Let me know if you need help finding a new board, that is about the best I or most of us here can do for you on this.