HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Triangle Tube Solo 110 keeps showing an E 28 error

Customer Question
Hi. My Triangle Tube...

Hi. My Triangle Tube Solo 110 keeps showing an E 28 error message and a hard resent won't fix it. The blower motor was replaced a few years ago and should be working.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

It's about 10 years old and we have gotten error msgs but a reset usually fixes them

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if it needs replacing but I'm hoping it may just need a reset

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
hello?
I did fill out the service offer
12/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you

The E 28 Error code is not indicative of having to replace the blower. Before you opt to change anything, clean the drain line, find any airflow switch tubing and clear it, also be sure the intake and exhaust are clear.

If this doesn't keep the error from happening, then remove and inspect the control module inspect for broken solder joints. If you find these, then replace the control.

Perform the regular maintenance steps outlined in Triangle's Manual.

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done.Sincerely