HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a goodman furnace and its brand new but it's blinking…

Customer Question
I have a goodman...

I have a goodman furnace and its brand new but it's blinking 5 time but has a steady light with out thermostat on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It's saying flame sense without gas valve

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have kids and I live in Michigan and I went broke on this furnace I've been trying to get it lit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
I paid the money how do I get my question answered
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thanks
12/9/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a shorted flame sensor, doubtful on the new unit, but check the sensor and leads to it. Secondly and most important make sure the board is grounded properly. Check for continuity to a ground or copper line from the furnace. Normally that code on a new unit is a bad ground from the furnace, make sure the grounds are good and tight or run another ground wire to a copper water line and try the unit. Let me know what happens.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,