HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

He lov the lockout light is flashing, plenty of oil and I…

Customer Question
He green lov the...

He green lov the green lockout light is flashing , plenty of oil and I just changed the filter

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I happened a few weeks ago and I reset the button and it has been working for weeks till now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/9/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 9 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you tried to press and hold the reset button for a full 30-40 secs?

Not quite that long I will now
It kicked on , ran for 10 seconds and shut off again . I did it a few times , it keeps shutting down after a few seconds and green lock out light is flashing again

It sounds like you have a bad cad cell, what lockout pattern is it flashing?

It's a steady flash every 1/2 second .

Ok go to my link to go through those steps to see if the cad cell is the issue, I believe yours is bad. If not let me know and please use the rating link before leaving and you can come back to me anytime.

CLICK HERE

Hi I changed the cad cell and oil nozzle , tested the spark and getting good oil pressure , still lock out flashing steady green 2 per second , any ideas , would a bad thermostat cause a lockout like this

Not typically, does it start up and fire at all?

It starts up runs for 10 seconds I hear a click or two then goes back into lock out and green light starts flashing again

Then the cad cell relay on the board is bad and you will need a new control board nothing else would cause that issue.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!