HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a Carrier HVAC model FB4CNF030000 and want to marriage…

Customer Question
Have a Carrier HVAC...

Have a Carrier HVAC model FB4CNF030000 and want to marriage Honeywell thermostat RTN6350 to it

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Just changing thermostats only, unit works now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes Need suggested hookup procedure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just wiring diagram is need please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/9/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. I have same Air Handler. Thermostat connections will be the same. Red to R blue or Black to C to C Yellow to Y Green to G White to W2/Aux Orange if you have heat pump goes to O/B. Russ

There are more wires than depicted in your answer

Can you give me wire colors to each terminal please or send photo. Russ

If you have a 2 stage unit you will have a wire going to Y2. Also one going to emergency heat.

The wiring I sent is basic heat pump wiring. Russ

Red to R

Blue or Black to C

Yellow to Y2

White to W2/aux

Green to G

Orange to O/B

? to Y2 The 6350 is a basic programmable thermostat that works on several applications.

You do have a E terminal for emergency heat. You can just place a jumper wire from aux/w2 to E on thermostat. Russ

The 6350 is battery operated so you can just tape off C wire on other thermostat if you have one.

Still need help. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician