HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell Vision Pro TH8320WF in my home. It is…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell Vision Pro TH8320WF in my home. It is approximately 3 years old. When I got up this morning the display was off and not working, and of course the furnace is not working. Any way to reset the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The Thermostat is off, like no power is getting to it. No tripped switches in my power box.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can't reset, I will call for service. I live in a pretty remote area.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just wasn't on at all when I go up this morning. First time this has happened. It's a new home, just 3 years old.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/9/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your furnace?

Frigidaire, gas and electric. Looking for model

Ok.

Model C6BH-X60C-C

That's an AC coil not the furnace. Furnace model is on the BTU rating tag inside the burner compartment.

FG7TC 100D-VC
Are you there?

Please be patient it takes a while to look up the specs

Ok, you can't reset the thermostat. This is a furnace issue. Look into the viewing port on the blower compartment access panel do not remove the panel. Do you see an LED? if it's flashing what is the flash sequence?

Will take a minute.
Ok, I have the cover off.

Ok,

Nothing flashing.

Do you see any lit LED at all in there?

No, I'm looking at the blower. No led.

The blower access panel is still tightly in place?

There are two panels. Below the upper panel is a black switch that is depressed when the lower panel is in place. Both are now on.

Do you see the LED now? If you can't remove the panel and press the plunger/panel switch

No LED. When I depress the black switch, I hear an electronic sound but thats it.

Ok then you may have a bad transformer. If you have a multi-meter I can tell you how to test it. Otherwise it's time to cal a pro.