HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Rheem modelRGPS-07EAMER, built in 2013, will not ignite…

Customer Question
My Rheem modelRGPS-07EAMER, built...

My Rheem modelRGPS-07EAMER, built in 2013, will not ignite the pilot. I reset buy turning the power and switch off,. but only the fan comes on, no flame/heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are fine. Thermostat is functioning. After the reset, the fan kicked on while on the "heat", but the pilot /flame did not ignite.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've had this problem before, and reset/ignited it. I just do not remember the source that gave me the correct information

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing. It sounds and acts like it is on,,but no flame is ignited

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/9/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Look thru the small hole at the furnace board and you will see LED lights . Count flashes and give me the flash code. Russ