HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Sears power miser 80, control module 8610U IS NEW…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a Sears power miser 80 , control module 8610U IS NEW AND NEW GAS VALVE , BUT NO SPARK TO LIGHT PILOT

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

JUST TODAY

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

YESTERDAY OLD MODULE WAS SPARKING REPLACE WITH NEW ONE ,NO SPARK INSTALL OLD MODULE AGAIUN NO SPARK

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/9/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Install new spark ignitor, no spark, furnace come on , draft motor come on , no spark , 5 sec. blower motor com on and furnace blower motor stays on

If you jumper 24V to TH-W does it spark?

Not at sister house to try it, The wire that connect to th-w on control module comes from bottom of high limit 24 v side

The TH-W wire should be to the thermostat, like this diagram....CLICK HERE, if you jumper 24V to TH-W and it sparks the controller is fine you have a thermostat issue.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Wires from thermostat red is on R on transformer and the white wire is on W on the transformer , it a fan center

Just connect the 24V terminal to the TH-W does it spark?

The print on the furnace have the red wire coming from bottom of limit controller24v side going to 25v on control module, and there's a white wire comes off C on transformer to 25 v on control module and by print there's three wires coming from thermostat R W G , all going to transformerand also they have a wire off of the G on the transformer going to the dpdt relay

Can you upload the print here?

I connected the red and the white on thermostat together, no spark

You need to connect 24V to Th-w on the control, You need to do that or send me a diagram to assist.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

It spark , furnace lights for about one minute than goes out , ignitor sparks , one flash , then heart beat furnace lights for about two minutes alittle longer then goes out

I am not sure what is going on exactly here, let me see if another expert can help please standy by