HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Goodman mbvc2000aa-1ae 24v 3A fuse keeps blowing. Few dats…

Customer Question
Goodman mbvc2000aa-1ae 24v 3A...

Goodman mbvc2000aa-1ae 24v 3A fuse keeps blowing

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Few dats few days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced an old thermostat w/ new one. originally thought that was the prob

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat is new Lux tx9600ts. all wiring to thermostat to blower to outside unit no shorts. all Tstat wiring is good.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

If this began after you installed the Lux, then there is most likely a wiring error, remove one wire at a time from the thermostat terminal strip in the furnace until the fuse ceases to blow. Tell me which wire when removed allowed the fuse to remain in tact.... leave the Red wire attached to the R terminal for last however.

We can go from there without a time limit

no, this happened before the new tstat. old tstat was failing. display was going away, could only see partial

was the 3 amp fuse blowing at that time with the old thermostat? If not, then there is a wiring error most likely causing the 3amp fuse to blow.

Follow my instructions to remove one thermostat wire at a time until the fuse ceases to blow, that will tell us which circuit the short is in.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

fuse was blown w/ the old tstat

Thanks

remove one wire at a time from the thermostat terminal strip in the furnace until the fuse ceases to blow. Tell me which wire when removed allowed the fuse to remain in tact.... leave the Red wire attached to the R terminal for last however.

,

it will take a few minutes
4

take your time, I am here for another 7 hours today... then back all day tomorrow

removed O - blew, removed G- blew, no more fuses
would need to drive ~45 minutes to get to autozone for more fuses
any comments. I don't want to drive to autozone
theme music of jeopardy.....................................................
DUM DUM DUM DUM ..DUMMMM DA DA DA DAAAA HELP ME PLZ
OK wait time is getting ridiculous. how do I stop this w/o you sucking my bank account dry?
As Pink Floyd immortalized......Is There Anybody Out There?
really, I'm trying to end this and give a 1 rating, but it wont let me. how the hell do we end this??????
rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off

I will submit this to customer service they will arrange a suitable solution for you I am sure.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer