HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a question about my furnace. New filters recently. I…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about my furnace

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, new filters recently

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced themotherboard about 3 weeks ago and disconnected the humidifier

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, which two terminals were the 24 volt wires for the humidifier attached to,?

Normally they are attached to W and C, at the thermostat terminal strip in the furnace but that depends on how the controls are wired.

Yea, that's the problem. I took off the humidifier wires and didn't look to where they were attached. I have two controls, one for the furnace and one for the humidifier. The furnace will not heat up past 65-70 degrees. Do I need to reconnect the humidifier?