HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Converting my fireplace to lp gas. Mendota. I have the kit…

Customer Question
Converting my fireplace to...

Converting my fireplace to lp gas

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Mendota

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have the kit to convert the pictures are copied tomany time and hard to seee

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
are you there???
the natural gas valve has a diaphragmThe instructions for converting to propane seems to tell me to remove the diaphragm but it seems to be glued into place
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/8/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Here is a link to a quick conversion recommended by Mendota if your fireplace was after 2011. If so no need to access the diapham, however as with all conversions please verify 100% that this is the correct procedure for your specific application.

https://manuals.fire-parts.com/aws-assets/mendota-quick-conversion-pilot-light-quick_conversion_pilot_light-pdf.pdf?inline=true