HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a t6-prh01-a thermostat and it died and I need to…

Customer Question
I have a bryant...

I have a bryant t6-prh01-a thermostat and it died and I need to replace it but it looks like it's been discontinued. It's a 2 wire thermostat. I need to know which thermostat I can use to replace it with?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

My son pulled it off the wall and a couple wires pulled off. So, I know the thermostat is bad.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
I also bought a replacement thermostat on Amazon and wonder if I can use it instead of a Bryant? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VL440U
12/8/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Honeywell RTH3100C1002/E1 Digital Heat/Cool Pump Thermostats

Yes that thermostat will work just fine! Just wire it up the same and you will be back in business...if you have issues let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

The problem is that my old thermostat had only 2 wires. This thermostat has about 8. I need to know how to wire it up correctly. Also, do you know if that Bryant thermostat has been discontinued and what Bryant part # I should use if I go back to a Bryant?

What two wires did you have to the unit? the T6-prh01-a should be the same wiring as the new one, do you have AC and HEAT?

They are completely different thermostats.

ok you may have a proprietary thermostat with 2 wire data cable if so you would have to get the same one.