HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a boiler that is having issues starting, It is a

Customer Question
Good morning Contractor's Assistant:...

Good morning

Contractor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Okay I have a boiler that is having issues starting, It is a ingniter type of igntion

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a month I replaced the flame sensor as the repair shop said that they though it was that but, It still clicks It gets a call to heat and then starts a sequence to inginte the click gets louder and louder until I hear the gas valve open and the igniter is hot and gas is introduced. Then it shuts down. hence the thought of a bad flame sensor.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

This is a hydronic system so no filters, hot water thru out the house. there are 6 zones and all thermostats are working along with their respective valves. This issue is definitely in the boiler The control module has a flashing red light that blinks about the same speed as the clicking. So I am guessing that since the gas valve was opening before that it is most likely the controller that has failed.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, have have a pretty good knowledge of electronics and electricity

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a solar heating system with back up boiler,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of the boiler?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer