HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

A quick question on a humidifier: The humidifier goes on at…

Customer Question
A quick question on...

A quick question on a humidifier: The humidifier goes on at 20 {manual on} but does not shut off when the flame goes off (cool). Where can I find manuals for these humidifiers and what is the problem?.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We had the new furnace installed in August 2017 and all piping is clean and working.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

The filters are fine and working order. With the exception of the humidifier, all other equipment is new.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am having the furnace installer come by tomorrow morning to have look at this problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/8/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 4 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If it is not shutting off when the furnace goes off it is not wired right. Did you wire it?

No, the furnace company did.

OK can you get to the humidifier and wiring to it and how knowledgable are you with wiring?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer