HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My husband just installed new circut board as we were told…

Customer Question
My husband just installed...

My husband just installed new circut board as we were told by service tech that this was the problem. he says still not firing up..just makes clicking noise

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 days with no heat.. old circut board definitely burnt

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Ill ask yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Already done..new board in

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Are you a robut

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 7 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. What is the make and model of the furnace?

lennox model #g20q3e-75-4
no phone call pls

just a moment while I pull schematic

Ok is the damper door rotating open when thermostat asks for heat?

we have replaced main circut board #lb-87086a with new board le-48k98 and just get clicking noise
is the circuit board bad ? we wired the new board just like to old board

so the burner damper door does not open and pilot light?...Is the clicking from board or damper motor?

the circuit board

This has a board for blower and then also a separate ignition module...which did you replace?

we replace the main board . . . we gave you the board number

I wanted to verify because that is simply the blower board and has nothing to do with ignition.

That is why I ask twice if the damper door for the burner is rotating open..the board you replaced does not come into play until after ignition

got you . . . let me check something

I apologize but I have to go offline...I am going to opt to another tech and wish you the best..here is a manual

click here

Should the Honeywell gas valve up top be in the ON position ?
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Yes it should be ON correct.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!