HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a rheem furnace model #RGPE-10EBRMR variable speed.

Customer Question
Hello, We have a rheem furnace...
We have a rheem furnace model #RGPE-10EBRMR variable speed. We switched out our thermostat with the Honeywell T5.
The A/C works fine but the heat just blows cold air? Could it be a problem with the wiring while changing thermostats? Or on the furnace itself? Note: I peaked into the little window in furnace and could see a solid red light on “no blinking?” Let me know if you need anymore information?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I will park the manual here so we can refer to it as needed.

Tell me which wire colors went to which terminal numbers on the old and new thermostats so that I can look for wiring or programming errors.

.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

Ok will do? As for getting inside the furnace panel I will have to figure that out? I do have the manual maybe the wiring info is in there? Will have a look and send info

The blower access panel lifts up 1 inch or so then pulls out from the top... if its on the bottom half of the furnace you may have to remove the panel above it first.... some models have 2 screws at the bottom of the panel you need to remove.

Tell me if you have been changing the air filter every month or two, or not, we can go from there