HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My a/c unit quit working but my fan (squirrel cage) kept…

Customer Question
My a/c unit quit...

My a/c unit quit working but my fan (squirrel cage) kept blowing and the heat worked. now the fan does not come on and the heat doesn't either

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat has caused problems before but i set it high and nothing. Filters are clean

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my daughter went to electrical school for a bit and she fixes her stuff.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There would be no heat if the fan won't blow, right? if the fan was working would that make the heat come on?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, it sounds like a bad printed circuit board so far.

.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

ok, but it will be later, I am at work. but I was wondering if the fan doesn't work then there will be no heat, right? If the fan is working would the heat come on?

If the fan does not work there will be no heat.

If the fan is working the heat may or may not come on, depending on whats wrong with the heater, a bad gas valve or printed circuit board can give that and a wide range of other symptoms

It's fixed the breakers were off I pushed them on and everything worked thank you very much