HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a constant blinking light, not on steady. We noticed…

Customer Question
I have a constant...

I have a constant blinking light, not on steady. We noticed earlier this morning that the heater was just staying on and blowing out cold air. We had this happen last year once and a couple of times this summer with our electric air conditioner. The heater is about 13 years old. We turned heater off for an hour to hopefully reset it then back on that is when the light started just blinking constantly not as if it was giving us a code. There were not pauses then more blinking. The question is what is happening and should we call a technician?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All were okay. We have a newer thermostat put in when we got the new air conditioner about 4 years ago. Filters were just changed about 2 weeks ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily but would like to be armed with information to know how serious this is and to be able to be clear to tech that we are not ignorant of this or these issues

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why is the light just consistently blinking? is that bad or good

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model of your furnace?