HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I do not know the name of the control that I must "tickle"

Customer Question
I do not know...

I do not know the name of the control that I must "tickle" to have the boiler start. Sometimes the boiler goes on by itself and sometimes I must "tickle" the electric control which consists of five colored wires going into a control which is screwed into a tee in the vertical hot water supply.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

This is intermittant and has be like this for about a year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. It does not appear to be very complicated. I just need to know what this control is called.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number is ***** nat gas

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
I just found out that the wires that I must tickle is called a harness and that goes into a Safegard model 1100.
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

DO you mean this control with the red button....CLICK HERE