How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 7791
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do not know the name of the control that I must "tickle"

Customer Question

I do not know the name of the control that I must "tickle" to have the boiler start. Sometimes the boiler goes on by itself and sometimes I must "tickle" the electric control which consists of five colored wires going into a control which is screwed into a tee in the vertical hot water supply.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: This is intermittant and has be like this for about a year.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. It does not appear to be very complicated. I just need to know what this control is called.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model number is ***** nat gas
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just found out that the wires that I must tickle is called a harness and that goes into a Safegard model 1100.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

DO you mean this control with the red button....CLICK HERE