HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just replaced control board now five red blinks on a

Customer Question
Just replaced control board...

Just replaced control board now five red blinks on a gmh950703bxad goodman furnace

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes have some experience in the field

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you with your question. Does the board immediately start flashing, or only with a call for heat?

it ran good for about four hours now it immediately starts flashing

Okay, thanks. I'm showing that 5 flashes is a "flame sensed without gas valve." Is that what you show 5 flashes is?

iput the old board back in and it will run but the inducer motor run all the time wich is why I changed the board

Okay, let me look over a couple of things and I'll get right back to you

Sorry for the delay - got tied up. Are the two boards identical? Does the blue wire from the flame sensor connect to FS on both boards?

Okay, thanks. As long as the flames weren't staying lit when thermostat wasn't calling for heat, then the only explanation is a bad replacement board.