HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are having trouble with our Fujitsu reverse cycle air…

Customer Question
Hello there, we are...

Hello there, we are having trouble with our Fujitsu reverse cycle air conditioner,Model No ASTG18LVCB, SERIAL NO, EOOOO83. The problem started while on the heat cycle. T

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

How do you check the thermostat setting. We clean our filters on a regular basis.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, because we live in the country, hard to get anybody to come out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Timer flashes 4 times then operation flashes 9 times, then the econ flashes all the time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you still need help. Can you please let me know if you still need help with your question?

we do.
When can we expect to receive some sort response to our question. Still waiting for the phone call.
Our phone no is(###) ###-####just in case you cant find it. Thank You.
That is a ‘Trip Protection’ error. Possible causes are:
1. Outdoor unit fan operation defective, foreign matter on hear exchanger, excessive rise of ambient temperature
2. Inverter PCB failure
3. Inverter compressor failure (lock, winding short)
These inverter systems use very sensitive electronics, which makes diagnostics very difficult without the proper equipment. Have you tried calling in service?