HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Honeywell thermostat is saying bat Lo. When I replace with…

Customer Question
Honeywell thermostat is saying...

Honeywell thermostat is saying bat Lo. When I replace with new batteries it still says it is low.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure. Answer me this. Is this site to find a repair person?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The heater Fan will turn on if I put it turn it to ON [vs. AUTO] but its not very warm.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/7/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete model of the thermostat?

It’s older. Between 2000-2003 maybe

Make sure the terminals for the batteries are tight and clean if they are and you still see BAT LO the thermostat will need to be changed out that is an old thermostat. I would recommend a new Vision Pro unit. You can also try to insert the batteries in backwards for 3 secs then the right way to completely reset the thermostat. Other than that it may be time for a new one.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

okay. Thanks for your input. I'm going to try the battery backwards but I was thinking you may say its time for a new one. Night.

No problem!..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!