HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Wall heater does not go on. I touch the unconnected wires…

Customer Question
Wall heater does not...

Wall heater does not go on. I touch the unconnected wires and it lights. So it is the thermostat. The batteries afe good. Model No. ME-4-L2-3 2A 30VDC 1A 125 VAC MASSUSE

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a gas wall heater.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is model on heater and does anything happen when you call for heat?

I got a reply that I need a new thermostat. Thanks!

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.