HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem Furnace. When the thermostat is turned on the…

Customer Question
I have a Rheem...

I have a Rheem Furnace. When the thermostat is turned on the starter glows fan kicks on but the gas does not turn on or ignite?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

HVAC problem

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working earlier this month.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?

If furnace is not coming on or does not stay on , there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.
Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

RCBA-2457GG14XI The light is not flashing it is green.

THis is coil model.Furnace model will be o a label in burner compartment.Watch and when it fails to light see if light blinks.

I'm not home at the moment. But I dont remember the light flashing. But I can check it later, is there codes you can send me?
I Just had my wife check for flashing light, it stays green. Could it be just batteries in the thermostat?
I will change the batteries in the thermostat and try it later.Thank you!

If it is thermostat, it should not start but lets change batteries and see, You can also bypass thermostat by jumping R and W on furnace board to see if furnace will run.https://i.imgur.com/JprQdYv.png

Okay, Thank you!

Let me know and we can go from here.Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.