HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil McLain gas furnace, can't control temperature.

Customer Question
I have a Weil...

I have a Weil McLain gas furnace, can't control temperature. new relay and thermostat, Temp set at 70 temp inside 80+.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Thermostat new and working, pilot is always on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a replaceable part.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a 4 unit Apt building, three stories.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/6/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the thermostat and relay are wired incorrectly OR....one of the hot water control valves is stuck open... this will be very difficult to handle on line without a system diagram....we can give it a try however.

.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the relay box that controls the hot water valves, and a photo of the inside of that box, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

My phone does not take close up photos, there is only electrical diagram on inside panel, no valves . The thermostat has 2 wires and the relay plugs in. The problem started last year, too hot, so I changed the thermostat before stating the furnace this year, that is why I think it is a faulty part.
Calling Weil McLain now, thanks anyway.