HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Carrier 40maq that doesn't maintain heat

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Carrier 40maq that doesn't maintain heat temperature setting. I have 2 thermometers in the room and have tried the remote several different ways (including the follow me) and the temperature varies. Last night I had it on "Heat" "68 Degrees" "Follow Me" and the temperature at the remote was reading 74 degrees. I wanted to use this heating in the upstairs in my house to keep the temperature 62 degrees when I am out of town. What am I doing wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are clean. I have tried to set the remote thermostat all different ways to get the right result. Is there a re-set switch or another way to do this?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/6/2017
HVAC Technician: JustAnswer, Handyman replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Handyman
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Other pertinent info: I have a 2 story home and installed one 40maq upstairs and one 40ma downstairs. I feel like neither remote control thermostat maintains the temperature on heat pump. I haven't really used the air conditioning to compare. I just don't understand why I can't set the thermostat to 62 and the air temp maintains 62? Shouldn't it work the same as a normal wall thermostat for a boiler? If there is anything else you need, please let me know. I am available on the phone from now to 10am E.S.T. Thanks!
I am hoping that the expert will call me today, Friday 12/8. I will be able to answer my phone from 12pm-5pm EST. Thanks!
Hi, It is now Monday 12/11. I have still not received a call from an expert yet. When will someone be calling me?