HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Rick I have a Heatilator model. No remote. Wall switch and…

Customer Question
Hi Rick I have a Heatilator...
Hi Rick
I have a Heatilator model. No remote. Wall switch and the pilot is out
There is no button to push and no ticking when I flick the switch in the wall?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/6/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model number of your unit?

Hi Rick
I'm not sure of the model number. Where would I find it? I can take pictures as well?

It's on a rating plate usually inside the unit near the gas valve. The only pic that might help if you can't find the model is a picture of the gas valve showing the wiring terminals.

Ok I see it
It's model NDV42361

Ok, you need to turn the switch off then connect a wire to the chassis (ground), then remove the wire from the 'I' terminal. Next hold the wire with insulated pliers about 3/16" away from the terminal then turn the switch back on. If it doesn't arc to the terminal the control module needs to be replaced.