HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My vent free gas fire place put out carbon dioxide va[ors.

Customer Question
My vent free gas...

My vent free gas fire place put out carbon dioxide va[ors. Whatis going on?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Gas ventless

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends. too serious to be uncertain about

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO it has beedn fineallof a sudden the co warning device went off and the fire dept used their equipment to prove it was thefire place.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/5/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the flames are clean and mostly blue then there's not enough air for combustion in the space. Your unit should have shut down on its own when this happens. It has an oxygen depletion sensor which apparently isn't working.

Makes sense. The system is the same as before the problem occurred??????

It's not the "system" it's the available air in the space.