HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our boiler keeps firing even though the house is already…

Customer Question
Our boiler keeps firing...

Our boiler keeps firing even though the house is already warm. We have turned the thermostat to the off position, but the heat keeps coming on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I have checked the thermostat settings. I haven't checked any filters.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to, if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. Would a clogged filter cause this problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/5/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

How many thermostats do have? What's the brand and model of your boiler?

2 themostats. It's a Weil-McLain, model #P-WTGO-4.

Ok, do you want to trouble shoot this? If so I need to know if you have 2 zone valves (what brand) and 1 pump or 2 pumps?

This is starting to seem like a scam. Please refund my $5.

How is this a scam? I don't have a crystal ball. If you want to diagnose the problem you need to do some trouble shooting. I'm here to help with that. If you aren't up for that then you need to call a plumber.

THat's what I'll do.
Just talked the credit card company and have been charged $31, not $5!

Contact customer service if you want a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help