HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our thermostat says Cool On, but the air will not come on.

Customer Question
Our thermostat says Cool...

Our thermostat says Cool On, but the air will not come on. We have a brand new unit as well as compressor

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat is set to 72, the temperature in every room is 76, no air

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's a simple flip of a switch, sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just had this happen with our downstairs unit. They had to replace the entire board and compressor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/5/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Will fan or anything come on? And do you have a multi meter so we can do some troubleshooting?

The fan is blowing downstairs but not upstairs. This makes me wonder if it's compressor related. Not sure what a multimeter is
Ok

When you say upstairs and downstairs, do you have two separate furnaces and air conditioners or one furnace and air conditioner that heats and cools both up and down

Just one. 2 compressors outside

One indoor and 2 outdoor units?

I also flipped the breakers for a/c to no avail

Is this a mini split?What is mini split? What is model on outdoor units? Does either come on?

If a mini split is one giant unit in the attic and two fans outside then yes. The fan for downstairs works. The fan for upstairs does not

Does not sound like a mini split if you have a unit in attic.You may have more than one problem if the single indoorunit is running but only blowing air in one section of the house yet neither outdoor unit is coming on.I am going to open to other experts who may be able to assist you better.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you still need help. Can you please let me know if you still need help with your question?