HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to find a new thermostat for my CAC with a

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find a new thermostat for my CAC with a propane furnace. I specifically want one with a 2 degree differential or "span". I also don't need programmable one. I am here all the time and I just want it to do what I set it to do. My current "programmable" unit is a nightmare. Kurt

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It's just a thermostat matter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have done this before but when looking at thermostat choices none of them the state what their span is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. Thanks for your help.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/5/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Kurt when you say a 2 degree differential span are you referring to the deadband between when thermostat will allow heat or cool or 2 degree between when thermostat shuts off in relation to room temp?

If you are referring to the deadband diff, which determines when heat or cool can come on or if you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.