HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Igniter switch doesn't work, worked yesterday won't work…

Customer Question
Igniter switch doesn't...

Igniter switch doesn't work, worked yesterday won't work today. how to diagnose problem

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the extend of the repair and what switch is req'd

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned the fireplace, replaced the battery etc. worked after that but won't ignite today. pilot is very bright

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Mentota "seabrook" model D-40

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/4/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Is the pilot lit all the time or do you have electronic ignition?