HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a PWB-5D gas lennox gas boiler with 2 zones my upper…

Customer Question
I have a PWB-5D...

I have a PWB-5D gas lennox gas boiler with 2 zones my upper floor zone is not getting circulation. Pump is running at .7 amps ,zone valve has 24 volt. could the expansion valve be an issuse due to it had a leak and i valved it off

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

House is water baseboard heat and at least 25 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have been ,Just trying to locate an issue

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time ,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/4/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Did you refill and purge the system? If I understand you, you installed a valve to isolate (shut off) the expansion tank? And that valve is now shut off?

No , I have a two zone system with two zone valves , I had a leak in the expansion tank and valved it off .I have yet to open it back up and currently looking for a new tank.

Ok, you probably have air in the problem zone and it's stopping circulation. Assuming you have baseboard not radiators I can walk you through purging the system if you post pics of the boiler piping and accept the additional charge for a phone call.

I am currently on travel and away from the system . I had to run on Monday and we got disconnected

Just come back to this thread when you're ready to troubleshoot this