HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a GB142 / 30 that keeps going out on 6l code when it…

Customer Question
I have a GB142...

I have a GB142 / 30 that keeps going out on 6l code when it goes into high fire after about a minute. Boiler runs on LP and the gas pressure is 10" of wc. I have cleaned the boiler, changed the ionization rod, changed the gas valve and set the gas to air ratio. It still goes out on 6l when it reaches high fire. The boiler is only about 8 ft of 1/2" black iron piping away from the 2nd stage regulator.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostats are just basic Honeywell round. Filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm a gas licensed installer but, servicing is not a strong point of mine. This boiler is in my own house. It has been running for 3yrs now.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've done everything in the servicing manual under this issue. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is how close it is to the regulator

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/4/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Let me see if another tech can help I do not have a ton of info on the GB142 just wait for a reply.