HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am working on a rheem tankless water heater rtgh-95dvlp in…

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on a rheem tankless water heater rtgh-95dvlp in cameron az. does the gas valve have a pilot adjustment? Bill Aker- Aker plumbing

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

10 days. the number 11 shows on the screen when the water is turned on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We were there friday talking to technitians trying to figure out what went wrong with this water heater. We checked the wiring and gas pressure. I think maybe someone else might have messed with it. Bill

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I wondered if there might be a pilot adjustment? what is the purpose of the set screw on the front of the gas valve? Bill

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/4/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

No there is no pilot adjustment on the gas valve. Do you have a picture of the screw in question as I think the screw you are talking about is just a plug screw.

Thanks. Bill

No problem

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!