HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell HZ432 Geothermal system with zone

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell HZ432 Geothermal system with zone heating. There is currently no heat but only one of the thermostats was flashing a red star. I changed the batteries in that unit and it continued. I have now turned off the circuit breakers twice, waited 5 minutes each time, and turned them back on. The flashing stopped, and the green lights were displayed for Zones 1,2 and 3, with a yellow purge light on but one by one the red lights for Heat 1,2, and 3 would reactivate and the flashing would start again. Help!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filters are fine (just thoroughly cleaned less than 2 months ago with the green strip on). Yes - and triple-checked all the settings. Is there an outdoor sensor?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Me and my husband who is in HVAC and assisting on this.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes - the cold weather begins tonight..................

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
When
12/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the zone control panel, and of the actual wire connections inside the zone control panel, all in one photo, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Anything?
Do not want a call, do not want a free trial - just want an answer please.

Thanks, ***** ***** not be able to help you, but we can try for a while.

Set all thermostats to heat mode and up to 90F ... all of the heat zone red lights should come on, if not the control board in the zone controller is bad.

All of the damper zones marked with red arrows should have 24vac between their red and white wires.

https://www.screencast.com/t/Whs5sZUHg

Let me know what you can discover, we can go from there

Note: most of us including the doctors, lawyers, engineers and various tradesmen are working professionals, with various dutys to attend to and answer questions here generally promptly but there can be some delays while on their job sites or working with other questions here..

Done. Nothing yet.
I am cognizant of the duties - am an attorney.
Just have a baby in the house and have now moved him to a relative's. And the temperature is going down.

Hello, these are exceedingly complex systems. given your situation and lack of an HVAC controls or electronics background it will best to call in a technician, about 10% of those are superb.. the rest are not always competent.

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city, I will see if I can find a well rated competent service outfit for you.

My husband is in HVAC - he has done most of the sleuthing and troubleshooting.
Already called our technician.

Good luck with it, stay in touch as needed