HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a munchkin 140MR2 on startup everything is fine until…

Customer Question
I have a munchkin...

I have a munchkin 140MR2 on startup everything is fine until temp is reached. the burner shuts off and the fan slows and runs until a F13 error code appears. resetting results in same code

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

boiler is 11 years old had f14 error before changed board and now get F13 code

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have HVAC tech working on it but he is stumped

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We brushed the heat exchanger but did not chemical wash could this restriction cause the problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, munchkin went out of business, parts are scarce or impossible to get, the average life span of that boiler is 10 years, any money spend trying to keep it running will be a waste of money in that situation.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for.... so I will not call this note an 'answer' and will opt out of the question so that the other boiler experts here can see it and chime in if they think they can help.