HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Aprilaire thermostat which has suddenly become…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an Aprilaire thermostat which has suddenly become "locked". I can't set it any higher than 14C without it saying "limit reached"! I have tried holding the menu symbol for seven seconds and pushing the up/down arrows as suggested here but nothing has worked!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to thermostat, there is heating upstairs (which has the same thermostat)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it involves pushing symbols, I am not a technician!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Such as?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Can you provide me the exact model.

It is usually found inside t-stat where all the wires are